Monday 13 September 2010

Ad Campaigns And Catalogues #157


Below: Zara Fall Winter 2010 (September) Lookbook... love this military style parade coat which seems to spin out of the Burberry Fall Winter 2010 runway...



Below: Burberry Fall Winter 2010 runway...gorgeous khaki green colour worn over denim shirt and shearling boots...


Below: Me trying out Zara's version. Lots of nice detailing, including the collar buckle, rows of brass buttons on the sleeves and front. The cut is slim fitted, made of compact wool and very warm. It feels like you are wrapped in a blanket! But of course, very heavy...



Below: Buttoned up..


Below: In the end, I decided not to purchase the coat, simply too heavy and it adds too much weight to any luggage... But if you live in temperate countries, this coat is worth the investment of SGD399... great price!




Below: I love this cropped 'trench coat' style military jacket (SGD229)... it's mine! Yes!



Below: Asymmetric oversized collar for these 2 winter coats... one long version (SGD399) and one cropped...


Below: Interesting collar for this cropped version (SGD259), looks good on the model...


Below: But the jacket looked weird on me... I simply cannot pull off this strange collar design and it is very short for my body. Seems you also have to button up all the time to make the collar design prominent:-P


Below: Scoop neck sweater is fabulous for layering... Love this simple look.


Below: Suited look contrast with boots are a major styling trend... think Balmain Homme...




Below: Cosy cardigan... furry wooly comfy...


Below: Shawl collar cardigan with ethnic print...


Below: Shawl collar cardigan in chunky knit...


Zara Fall Winter 2010 (September) Lookbook


Dun you love Zara for churning out runway inspired looks at a fraction of the price. Fashion made accessible to more people. Power to the people for showing their style.

I love the September lookbook for Zara. Incredible pieces to be had, such as the Burberry Prorsum Inspired Military Parade Coat with brass buttons. A fabulous coat reminiscent of an army officer, very luxe and sharp tailoring. Love all the detailing, from the double breasted design, brass buttons and collar buckle. The olive green is also my favourite shade of the season.

Unfortunately, I did not get the coat as it is very heavy. Living in a tropical climate, I cannot get good mileage from the coat and I do not foresee myself wanting to carry all that weight while travelling. I rather free up my luggage for more shopping when abroad:-P

Other than this coat, there are also asymmetrical collar long coat and cropped jackets which caught my eye. But the odd collar design overwhelms me and I find it hard to pull off.

Looking forward to check out more Zara pieces... winter wardrobe shopping is simply fun!

Source: Burberry Prorsum, Zara

6 comments:

freshmess said...

Love Zara too! Did my shopping there this Saturday, and I tried the military coat today. But it's too heavy! Congrats on your cropped coat!

Anonymous said...

zara's quality is very poor. Buttons missing, stitchigs messy etc. Many beautiful pieces that I'd like to have are made from 100%acrylic like this black furry wooly cardigan... H&m:s clothes looks better in quality and prices are much cheaper.

Unknown said...

Hi Kevin, do those in the pictures come out in the stores yet?

Anonymous said...

Are you wearing a Gucci ring in that picture

Anonymous said...

I went to the Zara store after reading this article. I tired and purchased it. It is a great buy- very smart looking and affordable price. Thanks for the article.

Anonymous said...

I love the Asymmetric oversized collar coat as it is quite similar to one of the Dior Homme's designs a year or two ago. And it was sold at S$2300!! By the way, haven't had the time to check it out at the store. Are they out yet?